About Shoopman Homes – An Indiana Home Builder
A Diamond Award Winning Indiana Home Builder with more than 10,000 Indiana homes under his carpenter’s belt, Paul Shoopman celebrates 47 years of successful new home construction in Indiana, with no plans to slow down.
Shoopman’s entry into the business began in 1971. At the age of 18, he bought his first parcel of land and constructed his very first home. Just a few years later, Shoopman founded his first home building company, Dura Builders. Today, he runs Shoopman Homes, a complete residential construction company offering semi-custom and custom homes, including single family detached homes and attached town homes. The Indiana home builder boasts over 50 floor plans and three different series of homes in communities throughout central Indiana.
Paul Shoopman can lay claim to starting an Indiana new home building business and turning that business into a multi-million dollar operation. During his four decades in the home building industry, Shoopman has witnessed some of the most tumultuous and challenging economic periods in America – from 18 percent fixed 30-year mortgages to no-money-down homeownership, and from boom times to multiple recessions. Despite it all, Shoopman’s business has thrived, while many others have failed, because of his keen insights into what home buyers want today and his almost clairvoyant ability to see where the industry is heading. His passion for the business and his 24/7 work ethic have served new home buyers in Indiana well.
“I’ve endured 47 years – some of them very tough years, some great years – by promising to provide personal attention to every homebuyer,” Shoopman said. “I still walk through and carefully inspect every new home to ensure my quality standards are met for our new home buyers.”
Awards for Shoopman Homes:
- 2019 Business of Integrity winner at the Torch Awards – Shoopman Home Building Group (Shoopman Homes) was honored as a 2019 Business of Integrity winner at the Torch Awards. In receiving the award, Shoopman Homes was recognized as a business with fewer than 11 employees that displays an outstanding level of ethics and integrity in all its business dealings. The Torch Awards, established by the Better Business Bureau (BBB), honors businesses, organizations, and individuals that embody BBB’s mission of advancing trust in the marketplace. Those recognized have built a culture where service and trust are ingrained in their values. Shoopman Homes exhibits an exemplary commitment to transparency and meeting the needs of its clients, vendors, and employees.
- Diamond Builder Award winner – 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty for exceptional warranty performance, personal reputation, financial stability, customer satisfaction and distinguished product design (Shoopman Homes is the only Indiana home builder to receive this award and only 31 home builders in the nation receive this award)
- Foundation Builder Award – 2018 Annual Builder Achievement Awards Program by 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty. The Foundation Builder Award recognizes a builder who exhibits a long-standing tradition of providing exceptional customer service and protection to home buyers. This lifetime achievement is reserved for builders who have demonstrated a steadfast commitment to improving the housing industry.
- National winner of the Entrepreneur of the Year award — Ernst & Young, 2003
- John C. Hart Sr. Presidential Award — Indiana Builders Association for contributions to the industry
- Home Builder of the Year Award — Builders Association of Indianapolis
- Mike Boehke Award — Builders Association of Indianapolis
- Sagamore of the Wabash — State of Indiana Governor Holcomb
Shoopman Homes Community Involvement
During the more than four decades of serving the Central Indiana community, Shoopman Homes has been a proud supporter of many local charities, including Habitat for Humanity, Boys & Girls Club, Indiana Crime Prevention, Disabled American Veterans, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Make-A-Wish Foundation, Ronald McDonald House, Fraternal Order of Police, St. Vincent’s Foundation, and many others too numerous to list